Video marketing has become an integral component of successful blockchain marketing strategies in the past decade, and its importance will only continue to grow in 2023. To remain competitive, blockchain and crypto companies must continuously revamp their video marketing strategies by exploring new tools and updating their strategies.
This guide will provide an overview of what you should take into account when revamping your blockchain video marketing strategy in 2023. We will look at the latest trends, the types of content to focus on, and the best tools available for creating and distributing video content. With the right approach, your blockchain business will be well-equipped to make the most of your video marketing efforts in the coming year.
Overview of video marketing expectations for 2023
As a business owner or a marketer; you are likely aware that video marketing campaigns can be used to increase brand awareness, help generate leads, and create a positive brand image. According to a recent survey, 93% of marketers plan to include video in their own marketing strategies over the next several years. This is far from unexpected, as video marketing has proven to be effective, with the number of video marketing campaigns increasing each year. The number of businesses using videos in promotion is therefore expected to increase in 2023, since video is an easily consumable content type with numerous benefits. As a result, it’s important that video marketers keep pace with the latest trends so their campaigns stand out among the competition.
Latest trends in video marketing for crypto companies
Trends are an important aspect of almost any industry, however in crypto marketing they have an even higher relevance, so let’s first take a look at the latest trends in video marketing:
Augmented Reality: Augmented reality (AR) will continue to be an important trend in video marketing in the coming years. This method allows you to layer digital content over the real world to enhance marketing efforts. When used correctly, AR can serve as an effective and unique way of promoting and delivering interacting videos that easily grab your viewers’ attention. The popularity of AR has also caused a surge in the number of AR apps, out of which some are even utilizing crypto tokens as means of upgrading the user-experience. Video marketers can use these apps to superimpose digital content over their videos which is a great way to enhance your video marketing efforts.
Collaborative video: In the blockchain space, relevant trends and narratives are often spread out through KOLs and influencers over social media platforms. Collaborative video enables businesses to leverage the popularity of their social media accounts to deliver a certain message to target audiences. It allows brands to expand their reach and create content that appeals to a wider range of people, and is therefore a trend that is likely to continue growing in the coming years.
Live videos: Live videos are becoming a common part of video marketing strategies. Live videos allow businesses to interact with their audiences and give them a behind-the-scenes look at the brand. Live videos are especially effective when used during events or conferences that the brand is hosting. They give viewers an authentic look behind the scenes, making them feel like they are truly a part of the brand. You may utilize this method of video marketing to promote your dApps, protocols and other blockchain related applications on conferences and events.
Social Media Videos: Creating a social video doesn’t have to be a long and demanding process; instead you can easily create attention-grabbing content with a minimum cost. You can start simply by creating an authentic video with a high-quality smartphone and posting it online in order to boost your brand recognition. Make sure to conduct proper research before launching your social media campaigns; in order to recognize your target audience and find the most appropriate social media platforms for your crypto brand.
Tools for creating and distributing video content
If you are aiming to create the highest quality video content for your blockchain brand, you should definitely consider utilizing some of the available tools that might help to achieve those goals. Here is an overview of the types of software tools that you should check out:
– Video editing software: Utilizing the right Video editing software can help your production team significantly accelerate the process of creating high-quality videos. It allows them to edit your videos, add text and graphics, and create professional-looking content. Hence it is highly recommended that your business invests into a good piece of video-editing software, as this is an investment that, when used correctly, will easily and quickly pay off.
– Video hosting platforms: Video hosting platforms allow you to host your videos online and easily share them with your audience. Be prominent in choosing the right video hosting platform in order to ensure that your videos are accessible to your target audience. With that said, why not research into some of the recently emerged blockchain based video platforms?
– Analytics tools: If you want to create successful marketing campaigns, it is necessary to conduct proper research but also to track your efforts thoroughly. Don’t stay shy of using some of the available analytics tools to help you manage your marketing strategy in 2023.
Optimizing crypto video content for search
In addition to creating engaging content that people enjoy watching, as a crypto business you also need to ensure that your videos rank well in search results. This will help increase the number of people who actually see your videos and click through to your website. To optimize your video content for search, follow these tips:
– Create both short and long-form videos: Shorter videos usually catch the attention of your viewers more easily, but longer videos that are between 2-5 minutes in length are more likely to rank well in search results than videos that are shorter in length. The majority of videos on YouTube have a length of 5 minutes or less, so creating longer videos can help you rank better in search, when combined properly with our following tips.
– Include relevant keywords: When creating your video content, you should include appropriate keywords and phrases. This will help your videos rank higher in search results, meaning more people will find your videos.
– Include transcripts or subtitles: Transcripts allow search engines to understand what your video is about. Subtitles also help with this, as long as they are in the language that the majority of your audience uses.
– Optimize for closed captioning: You can further optimize your videos for search by ensuring they are closed captioned. Closed captions allow deaf and hard of hearing people to understand the content in your video but also help you increase in search ranking.
Strategies for personalizing crypto video content
Video marketing campaigns are personalized when they are relevant to the needs and wants of your targeted market, in other words they should speak directly to your specific audience.
One way to do that is by utilizing product placement strategies that allow your crypto business to subtly showcase its products or services through video content. For these purposes, you can embed product showcase videos directly on your company’s landing page, or strategically place your products in videos so that they are visible but not distracting.
In addition to that, it can be useful to start using e-mail marketing with quick and effective videos personalized for your subscribers or past customers. By addressing your subscribers directly through e-mail, they will gain a sense of relevance in your offers, which helps achieve higher sales rates.
Leveraging influencer marketing in the crypto space
Another highly effective way to increase brand awareness and drive sales is through influencer marketing. This is when you partner with an influencer who has a large following on social media and who is relevant to your brand. These are the steps you should follow when creating an influencer video marketing campaign:
- Find and partner with the right crypto influencer: When looking for an influencer to partner with, you need to find someone who is relevant and who has a large following. You also want to find someone who is relevant to your brand and product. Just be careful not to partner up with someone who has had a questionable past or who has a history of being connected to certain scams, which the crypto-space, unfortunately, isn’t lacking of.
- Create a custom offer: When you partner with an influencer, you should create a custom offer for your audience. This offer should be relevant to your brand and product and should be something that your target audience would want.
- Measure success: You can measure the success of your influencer marketing campaign by tracking the number of sales you receive as a result of the partnership, or by some of the metrics covered in the next passage.
How to measure the success of video marketing
If you want to create successful video marketing campaigns, you must carefully follow the results of the ones you have already launched. Among the most efficient metrics are the number of views your videos have received, the number of leads your video marketing campaigns have generated, and the overall engagement your videos have received. With the right software tools, you will be able to extract detailed analysis of your video marketing campaigns.
Crafting a full-year video plan may appear daunting, but it can be an enjoyable undertaking if you take it one step at a time and keep your specific requirements in mind. With some assistance, you can achieve great conversion rates through video content that is crafted professionally and to the point.
Should you need any assistance with any part of the process, from specific video production to creating whole video marketing campaigns, do not hesitate to contact our team at Slance!
Best of luck!