Every marketer should be aware of the efficiency and power of video marketing. Video content, if done correctly, can easily catch the attention of your viewers thus enabling you to promote, highlight and educate them about your brand’s products or services.
Note: This article is part of the video strategy for blockchain brands series and we recommend to read the main article as well.
In today’s fast-paced age, effective and dynamic marketing materials such as videos, can have a much greater effect than plain text when it comes to brand promotion. However, simply creating quality videos is not enough; a successful marketer will always put out maximum efforts to make the video visible as well.
By saying visible, we refer to SEO in your video content. Because what is the purpose of having great video content, if it doesn’t get noticed by your target audience?
What Is SEO?
SEO stands for “search engine optimization”. It’s the process of getting traffic from “natural” or unpaid search results on search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc. There are many factors that come into play when determining where your website will rank on search engines.
If you’re serious about improving your website’s ranking, then you need to be serious about SEO. Fortunately, there are a number of resources (including this one!) that can help you learn more about the process.
There are a number of different ways to improve SEO, but some of the most important include on-site optimization, link building, and content marketing. In this article we will explain SEO in combination with content marketing – the process of creating high-quality content that is relevant to the keywords you’re targeting.
How To Implement SEO With Your Blockchain Video Content?
Video content, just like text content, can be very creative; however, it can also be difficult to optimize. With this in mind, here is a list of guidelines when trying to add SEO to your blockchain video content.
- Headlines – You should create short headlines that summarize what you’re going to talk about. These headlines should include key phrases or keywords for better visibility.
- Transcript – A transcript is another great way to incorporate SEO into your video content. In addition to serving as a transcript for those who are deaf or hard of hearing, it will also allow Google to crawl and index your video content.
- Tags & Keywords – When posting your video content, add a list of tags in your video’s description. This will enable search engines to recognize and rank your content high. Just make sure to use the right keywords, while keeping in mind the audience that you want to attract.
- Brand names – You can use your Web-3 brand name in the video content if it makes sense to do so. Just make sure to always use the correct spelling in all your keywords, and don’t overuse it for better SEO results.
Best Ways To Implement SEO In Blockchain Video Brands
Besides following the mentioned guidelines, there are certain methods which will help you optimize the content in the best possible way, for the highest efficiency. Let’s name some of them:
- Find your brand’s best keywords – The first thing you should do is find what are the best keywords for your brand. You can do this by conducting keyword research or by using an online marketing/SEO tool of your preference.
- Use the right length – The length of your video content will depend on the purpose of your video. If you’re looking to have maximum visibility, then you should try to stick to the 2-3 minute mark. A video that is more than 5 minutes is considered long-form video, which can be difficult to get ranked.
- Use the right type of video – There are many types of video content you can use. You can create a blockchain product review video, a branding overview, an explainer video, or a combination of each. It all depends on the goal of your content.
- Use a variety of media forms – Many marketers make the mistake of only including a video in their blog posts. Instead, try to incorporate images, graphs, or charts, graphs, to make your content more visually appealing.
- Utilize different marketing channels – It can be a good idea to spread out your visibility over multiple marketing channels, such as different social media websites and popular video-hosting platforms. This will enable your Web-3 project to get better exposure while catching a variety of audience groups.
- Don’t overuse keywords – Although keywords should be the highlight of your content, make sure to keep them balanced with the less relevant ones. While it may seem like increasing the number of keywords = better SEO, it’s not always correct and can even be counterproductive.
Creating A Video Marketing Strategy With SEO
Each video marketing strategy consists of certain stages that have to be thoroughly thought out and planned. If you wish to create a successful marketing campaign, you should always plan the complete strategy up-front, along with acknowledging its goals and the methods that will be used.
This will enable your marketing team to work in close collaboration with other parts of the Web-3 company, such as the video production and product management teams. In addition to that, knowing your strategy up-front makes it easier to implement SEO throughout each marketing step.
Read: 10 key metrics for a blockchain video strategy.
Bonus Tip For Blockchain Companies
Also, as a blockchain-native business; why not utilize some of the new, decentralized platforms? The web-3 space has given birth to a decent number of innovative social media and video platforms.
By being one of the early adopters you have a chance to enjoy a space of low competition while positioning yourself up-front if the platform successfully grows in future. And regardless where your content is posted; make sure to always stay consistent with your brand’s content and keep your viewers engaged.
Blending SEO into your video content is a great way to increase traffic to your Web-3 business or dApp. However, you have to make sure that the content is original and fresh to keep your viewers engaged.
If you follow our tips, you’ll be well on your way to improving your SEO by incorporating video into your marketing strategy.